The big disadvantage of the Opencart 2.x system is the lack of a normal blog of entries. After all, almost every store needs a "News" section to tell customers about upcoming promotions, or an "Articles" section where you can write entries to promote the store by search queries. There are a lot of all sorts of curved modules in the network that constantly need to be finalized and finished, because they are not beautiful and not functional. If you were looking for a blog module on Opencart 2. x, then most likely you met a friend on the forums who at every step vparivaet his SEO CMS TOR HORSERADISH IN the FOREHEAD 1000 DEVILS, in which he stuffed everything that is possible and to create an article there, you will need at least half an hour to fill in all fields except the text. Therefore, we decided to create our own blog module that will be both simple, lightweight and multifunctional-this is Opencart Blog.
Features of the Blog module for Opencart 2. x:
- creation of an unlimited number of categories of posts, as well as subcategories
- fields for filling in the H1 header, description, meta tags: Title, Description, Keywords for all blog pages: home, categories, articles
- CNC support (SEO URL and SEO Pro)
- related articles
- related products
- customize the appearance of the list of articles (full-width or grid)
- built-in social buttons (sharing) (optional)
- reviews of articles (with moderation, notifications) (optional)
- author, date of creation, number of views and comments, tags for each article (optional)
- modules for displaying the latest articles and for displaying blog categories
- adding categories and articles to the site map (XML and HTML)
Installing the module:
1. Unpack the archive and select a module for your Opencart version
2. Install the module via the admin panel-file blog.ocmod.zip
3. Update the Modifications in the admin panel
4. Give the rights to manage the module in the System & gt; Users > User Groups & gt; Administrators, put all the boxes in the first two blocks.
5. Attention!!! Next, the first step is to go to the Settings page in the admin panel in the Blog section that appears, in order to create a module table in the database.
6. Then you can start creating categories and articles.
7. If necessary, enable and display the Blog: Recent Articles and Blog: Categories modules.
The "Opencart Blog" module is compatible with Opencart / ocStore 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
If you do not turn on the CNC , the main page of the Blog will be available at the link:
30.03.2017 - added support for CNC SEO Pro, output of categories and articles in html and xml sitemap.
04.05.2017-fixed errors in the display status of some article parameters
07.07.2017 - fixed errors in uploading images to an article in the Opencart 2.3 version
28.03.2018 - made a full path in breadcrumbs
13.04.2018 - fixed adding articles to xml site maps on Opencart 2.3
24.04.2018-fixed a problem with switching page navigation in comments when the CNC is turned on
03.10.2018 - added the ability to display the latest articles from the specified categories in the module
25.01.2019 - the problem "Undefined index: this_blog_category", which appeared in the module "Recent articles" after updating the module
17.04.2019, has been solved - added buttons for social networks Vkontakte and Odnoklassniki, removed the Google+ button, since this service was closed